In order to use the PrecisionLender API at least one Service User account will need to be setup and enabled. Service User accounts add an additional layer of security and provide a more reliable audit trail.
- PrecisionLender user with Manage Users and Manage Access rights
- Service User API access enabled by PrecisionLender
There are two steps involved to setup and manage Service User Accounts:
Step 1: Enable a PrecisionLender user to setup the Service Accounts
In the Administration section a user with Manage Access rights will need to add the Manage API Access right to a new or existing Security Profile for users that can create and manage Service User Accounts.
- For more information on this step visit: Setting Up Security Profiles And Permission
Step 2: Set up and Management of the Service User Account
In the Administration screen on the 'Regions and Users' section, a user with the Manage API Access right can setup or manage a new Service User account. To add a new Service User account, select 'New' next to Service Users. To edit an existing Service User, select the name from the list.
Service User Account Fields
- Name required for all API calls
- Key required for all API calls
- Unique to each Service User account
- Client ID
- Required for all API calls
- PrecisionLender assigned identifier for your bank
- Service User can be disabled by unchecking this box
- Service Users cannot be deleted, only disabled
- Service User Roles Assignment
- Service Users can have multiple roles (Ex. Admin, User Management or Reporting)
- Note: It is recommended to create separate Service Users for critical use cases such as Data Ingress, CRM Integration or LOS Integration roles to prevent confusion or downtime if keys get removed or regenerated.
To view a report of why a Service User call failed, select the 'Security Audit' button from the Service Users section of the 'Regions and Users' section of the Administration screen.
- A new window will appear with the following information:
- Timestamp of the failure
- The username of the Service User that failed
- The failure reason, including
- Invalid Username
- Invalid IP address
- Not provisioned for API access
- Invalid Category
- Invalid Key
If you would like to use the PrecisionLender API, please contact us by submitting a support request with "API Access Request" as the subject line. From there the PrecisionLender Integrations team will be in touch to enable access and help you get started.