What is the Dynamics Connector?
The Dynamics Connector bridges the gap between PrecisionLender Opportunities and Relationships and their associated Opportunities and Accounts in Dynamics. The Connector enables lenders to create Dynamics Opportunities, price them in PrecisionLender and see the details of that priced Opportunity reflected in the Dynamics Opportunity, all without any additional login forms in the middle.
Clients with Relationship Awareness in PrecisionLender and corresponding Accounts in Dynamics will also see Strategic Financial Statement information, such as the Strategic Net Income or Percentile ranking of the Relationship in PrecisionLender, in the respective Dynamics Account for each PrecisionLender Relationship. New PrecisionLender Opportunities created from Dynamics will automatically associate themselves with the respective Relationship, if it appears in both PrecisionLender and Dynamics.
The PrecisionLender Dynamics Connector is installed within your Dynamics instance as a Managed Solution. This solution creates the custom fields and objects that are later populated by the PrecisionLender Application.
The PrecisionLender Dynamics Connector installation process requires an existing Dynamics administrator to authorize the Managed Solution. Users are setup within Dynamics using Active Directory. Dynamics users must also have a corresponding username in PrecisionLender. Once the PrecisionLender solution is installed into Dynamics, users can be authenticated into PrecisionLender when they click on the "Price In PrecisionLender" button. Once pushed, a request is sent over SSL containing the logged in username, your PrecisionLender Client ID and ApiKey. PrecisionLender validates the credentials sent, and verifies that the logged in user has permissions to access the application.
Bidirectional data syncing
Data transfer triggers
- Saving an Opportunity in PrecisionLender triggers a data push to Dynamics to update (or create) and populate all related objects, sub-objects, and fields
- Saving an Opportunity in Dynamics triggers an update to the related PrecisionLender Opportunity's Name, Close Date, and Stage fields.
- Uploading Core Relationship data to PrecisionLender triggers a recalculation and data push to the related Dynamics Account custom fields.
||Relationship||PL → CRM upon Core Relationship Data Upload to PL|
||Opportunity||CRM → PL upon CRM Opportunity Save|
||Opportunity||PL → CRM upon Opportunity save in PL|
||Scenario||PL → CRM upon Opportunity save in PL|
||Loan Account||PL → CRM upon Opportunity save in PL|
||Deposit Account||PL → CRM upon Opportunity save in PL|
||Other Account||PL → CRM upon Opportunity save in PL|
Currently the PrecisionLender Dynamics CRM Connector requires some configuration and setup by our support team to get it hooked up to your Dynamics instance. This is a very simple process and our team is ready to assist you with the setup.
How does a PrecisionLender Opportunity become linked to an Opportunity within Dynamics?
- Only Opportunities priced using the "Price in PrecisionLender" button within Dynamics will be linked back to the corresponding Opportunity within PrecisionLender.
- We are currently evaluating options that would allow us to manually link an existing PrecisionLender Opportunity to an existing Dynamics Opportunity.
How does a PrecisionLender Relationship become linked to an Account within Dynamics?
- The PrecisionLender Relationship Awareness module is a requirement for this to happen.
- As part of the Relationship Awareness functionality, your bank will be providing a periodic data feed to PrecisionLender containing a hashed "Relationship Identifier". This is typically sourced from your core system and it is cryptographically hashed before being sent to PrecisionLender's servers.
- If your Dynamics system contains this same identifier, then the PrecisionLender Dynamics connector will perform the same hashing function within Dynamics which will then allow the Connector to locate and link to the matching Relationship within PrecisionLender.
What is synced between PrecisionLender Opportunities and Dynamics Opportunities?
- Prospective Opportunity data (new business you are trying to win)
What is synced between PrecisionLender Relationships and Dynamics Accounts?
- A summarized roll-up of the existing business for a given relationship that you are feeding to PrecisionLender as part of the Relationship Awareness process (existing business you already have on your books).
Is Relationship syncing required in order to achieve Opportunity syncing?
- Nope! Opportunity syncing and Relationship syncing are two separate functions that sync different types of data.
We are noticing that some updates made to PrecisionLender Opportunities are not being automatically reflected in Dynamics CRM
- Check to see if you have any Dynamics field validation rules on your Opportunity that may be preventing PrecisionLender from saving that Opportunity back in Dynamics.
- Check to make sure that your Dynamics Opportunity stage names match your PrecisionLender Opportunity stage names exactly. The matching on these names are exact and case-sensitive.