This article contains instructions on how to build a flattened Salesforce report that resembles the Pipeline export from the PrecisionLender Opportunity Dashboard.
In this Article
Creating the new Report Type
The first step will be to create a new custom report type that allows us to flatten Opportunities, related Scenarios, and related loan accounts into a single report.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right > Setup.
- Type “Report Types” in the Quick Find box.
- Click on “Report Types” in the “Reports & Dashboards” section on the left.
- You may see a screen that says, “Custom Report Types: What is a Custom Report Type?”. Click Continue.
- Click the “New Custom Report Type” button.
- Use the following options:
- Primary Object = Opportunities
- Report Type Label = Opportunities with PL Scenarios and Loans
- Report Type Name = leave this as the default
- Store in Category = Opportunities
- Deployment Status = Deployed
- Click the button that says “(Click to relate another object)”.
- Choose “PrecisionLender Scenarios” from the drop-down menu for Level B. Make sure that “Each “A” record must have at least one related “B” record.” radio button is chosen.
- Click the “(Click to relate another object)” button again.
- Choose “Commercial Loan Accounts” from the drop-down menu for Level C. Make sure that “Each “A” record must have at least one related “C” record.” radio button is chosen.
- Click the “Save” button.
Creating the Pipeline Report
Now that the report type exists, we can use it to create the new report:
- Click on the App Launcher in the upper left and search for “reports”. Click on “Reports under “Items” to launch the Reports tab.
- Click on the button in the upper right.
- Search for the report type “Opportunities with PL Scenarios and Loans” and select it when it appears.
- Click “Continue”.
- As a starting point, add the following columns to your report by searching for them in the “Columns” section on the left side of the page:
- Opportunity Owner: Full Name
- Account Name
- Opportunity Name
- Scenario Name
- Initial Rate
- Initial Fees
- Rate Type
- Payment Type
- Product Name
- Close Date
- Unless you want to report on ALL Scenarios within an Opportunity, you may want to show only Pipeline Scenarios. To do this, click on “Filters” in the left-hand column and in the “Add filter…” search box, type "Is Pipeline Scenario". Select this option when it appears and make sure the pop-out box has the logic set to “True”.
- Click “Apply”.
- Click “Save” or “Save & Run” in the upper right when you’re done.