This article contains instructions on how to build a flattened Salesforce report that resembles the Pipeline export from the PrecisionLender Opportunity Dashboard.
Create the new Report Type
The first step will be to create a new custom report type that allows us to flatten Opportunities, related Scenarios, and related loan accounts into a single report.
- Go to Setup / App Setup / Create / Report Types
Click the "New Custom Report Type" button
- Use these options:
- Primary Object = Opportunities
- Report Type Label = Opportunities with PL Scenarios and Loans
- Report Type Name = leave this as the default
- Store in Category = Opportunities
- Deployment Status = Deployed
- Click the Next button
- For Level B, Choose PrecisionLender Senarios
- For Level C, Choose Commercial Loan Accounts
- Click the Save button
2.Creating the Pipeline Report
Now that the report type exists, we can use it to create the new report
- Go to the Salesforce Reports tab
- Click the "New Report" button
- Choose the new report type "Opportunities with PL Scenarios and Loans"
- As an starting point, add the following columns to your report
- Opportunity Owner: Full Name
- Account Name
- Opportunity Name
- Scenario Name
- Initial Rate
- Initial Fees
- Rate Type
- Payment Type
- Product Name
- Close Date
- Unless you want to report on ALL Scenarios within an Opportunity, you may want to show only Pipeline Scenarios. To do this, add a report filter for "Is Pipeline Scenario" = True.