After an opportunity with promised deposits has been Closed-Won, how do you track whether or not the borrower actually delivered on their promise to transfer their deposit(s)? PrecisionLender's Delivery to Promise dashboard can help. For users with Relationship Awareness, the Delivery to Promise dashboard is a visual representation of the actual deposit types and balances tied to relationships flowing over from your core system compared to the deposits that were promised by the borrower. Opportunities that are priced and closed in PrecisionLender, with deposits that were promised, that are attached to a relationship will be displayed on the Delivery to Promise dashboard.
This article covers these components of viewing and using the Dashboard:
- Delivery Window
- How to view the Dashboard
- How to use the Dashboard filters
- Delivery to Promise Chart
- Delivery to Promise Grid
The Delivery to Promise dashboard uses a “Delivery Window” to help detect whether the client committed the deposits that were promised. The Delivery Window is the time from the opportunity close date to six months past the opportunity close date.
How to view the Dashboard
Access to the Delivery to Promise dashboard is controlled by a setting in your Security Profile. If you don't see the Dashboard option, please check your Security Profile or reach out to your local administrator for help.
Once you have access, you can click "Relationships" on the lower left side of your screen and then "Dashboard" to view the Delivery to Promise dashboard.
How to use the Dashboard filters
You can use the filters at the top of the Dashboard to adjust what gets included in the chart and grid below.
Filter and View options
1 - Filter Bar. The filter bar displays the current scope of the opportunities with promised deposits included in the Dashboard. On the left side of the filter bar, you can filter opportunities by Region and User. So in the image above, the Dashboard is displaying opportunities within the North Carolina region of First Example Bank.
2 - Export Button. Clicking the Export button will open a file dialog, prompting you for a location to save an xml representation of the current scope of the Dashboard.
3 - Time Duration Filter. Only opportunities closed within the time duration that you select here will be displayed on the Dashboard.
4 - Relationship or Lender Grouping. Click and make a selection to group promised deposits by relationship, or by the lender who owns the relationship.
5 - Product View. Click and make a selection to switch between:
- Deposits or Other Accounts (Default)
- Deposit Accounts
- Other Accounts
6 - Deposit Type View. Click and make a selection to switch between:
- All Deposits (Default)
- Zero Interest Demand
- Interest Bearing Demand
- Timed Deposit
Delivery to Promise Chart
You can group deposits by Relationship or by Lender (see #4 above). Each grouping of promised deposits is displayed as a bar within the chart. You can hover over each bar to see additional details.
- Width – The widths of the bars are proportional to Promised Deposits. Larger Promised deposits have wider bars.
- Height – Bar height is proportional to the share of Promised Deposits. Where the bars are higher, more deposits were promised.
- Bar Fill – Lighter color signifies "Promised" deposits, darker color signifies "Delivered" deposits.
- Hover – Hovering over the bar produces a popup.
- Grouping Name (either Relationship or Lender)
- Promised – deposits promised
- Delivered – deposits delivered
- ROE – weighted average opportunity return
- Loans ROE – weighted average loans return
- Opportunity Count – number of opportunities included in the grouping
Rows below the bars contain additional details.
- Promised – The total Average Deposit Balance from all of the opportunities in the grouping
- Delivered – The total change in deposit balance from the close date of the oldest opportunity for each relationship.
- Loans Only ROE – The weighted average loans' return for all of the opportunities. The weighted average = sum of loans' net income / sum of loans' average equity
- Loans Target ROE – The weighted average loans' Return Targets for all of the opportunities.
Delivery to Promise Grid
The Grid contains a list of all the opportunities that are represented in the chart. By default, the Grid is sorted alphabetically by "Relationship", but you can also sort it by clicking on a column header. Any filters applied to the chart are applied to the grid. You can click the name of any individual Relationship or Opportunity to open it in PrecisionLender.
If a Relationship has multiple Opportunities associated with it, a "+" will show up to the left of the Relationship. Click the "+" to expand the grid and view associated Opportunities. The "Lender" listed on the Grid is the lender associated with the Relationship, not the Opportunity.
One opportunity with promised deposits
For relationships where one opportunity promised deposits:
- The “Close Date” on the grid is the opportunity close date in PrecisionLender.
- The “Change in Deposit Balance” shows how the deposit balance has changed between the opportunity close date and the current date.
Change in Deposit Balance
When you hover over a figure in the Change in Deposit Balance column, you'll see a popup that contains more information.
- The date range in the popup is the Delivery Window, which starts with the opportunity close date and ends six months after that close date.
- We use values imported through Relationship Awareness to arrive at the Beginning Balance, Average Balance, Max Balance, and Ending Balance figures in the popup.
- Beginning balance shows what the deposit balance for the relationship was when the opportunity closed, at the beginning of the Delivery Window.
- Average Balance
- First, for each deposit account in the overall relationship, we take an average of all the balances that were imported during the Delivery Window.
- We then sum the average balances for all deposits that came in via RA during the Delivery Window, and display that sum for Average Balance in the popup.
- Max Balance
- First, we take the max balance for each deposit account in the overall relationship during the Delivery Window.
- We then sum the max balances for all deposits that came in via RA during the Delivery Window, and display that sum for Max Balance in the popup.
- Ending Balance
- First, for each deposit account in the overall relationship, we take the last current balance within the Delivery Window.
- We sum the resulting ending balance for all the deposits that came in via RA during the Delivery Window to show the relationship's Ending Balance in the popup.