If nothing happens when you click print, your browser may be configured to block all pop-up windows. Please review this article on how to enable pop-ups.
Disable Adobe Reader in Internet Explorer
Often, Internet Explorer has an add-on that opens PDFs inside of Internet Explorer. This can cause a number of issues, including inability to save or resize the PDFs. The easiest solution is to disable this add-on so that the PDFs will be opened in your computers main PDF viewer, instead of in Internet Explorer.
- In Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and select Manage add-ons. (If you do not see the toolbar, press ALT on your keyboard)
- Inside the Manage add-ons popup:
- Make sure that the Show filter is set to All add-ons
- Find the Adobe PDF Reader add-on and click on it.
- Then click the Disable button
- Close the window and all Internet Explorer windows that are open and then relaunch Internet Explorer.
- Printouts should now open in your desktop PDF viewer